Friday, April 08, 2011

The long IKEA wait

So thought I'd quickly jott down a little post whilst standing in the line at IKEA.
That's how slowly it is moving.
But have news for you so totally thought if anytime was worth multi-tasking now would be it!!
Are you thirsty for another party-aholic update??
Dying to hear what the next Trini event is and all the juicy details before the event???

Well here is the scoop...it's going to be big, it's going to be grand, it's gonna be fit for a king (or in this case a king in waiting)

Yep... Has me tingling--the sparkle is in the eyes- I'm throwing a royal wedding watching party!!!

Not that I'm hugely into the Royal family, but do you remember where you were when Charles & Di got married??
I want all our guests never to forget this moment
(and hey it's me any excuse for a party!!!)

Only a small event of about 100 or so people and I have a feeling my house will look like it had thrown up the union jack (nah- promise it will be tasteful!!)

Invites are out, Caterers have been booked wine is being stocked kegs are being chilled the royal wedding flag is on the way (I kid you not) am even trying to get a life sized Will & Kate to join us.

I'll give you some more tidbits as preparations go underway, so stay tuned!

What are you doing to mark the big day?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone in the IKEA line!!

3 comments:

  1. I blogged about the BIG royal day yesterday too, and my memories of Charles & Di's day. Take a read if you have moment.

    http://hibiscusbloem.blogspot.com/2011/04/royal-big-day.html

    Well for me, the tv will be for the whole thing, and a friend is hosting a royal tea-party for our mums and tots group. Bring out the Union Jack bunting ! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and I can't wait to read about your event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no plans to remember the day, yet. I did the 40 hour famine when Princess Mary & Prince Frederick got married. Now everytime I see her pregnant I remember how hungry I was when she got married. Haha, can't wait to read about your Royal Gala!

    ReplyDelete