Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Wasn't prepared to hit the catwalk tonight!

Just dropping in to let you know we are all ok here. It's been a hectic first week of school, with everyone thriving and LOVING every minute of it.
I've got a few projects up my sleeve that I hope to share with you tomorrow, but after an exhausting day & Parent teacher meets this evening... I'm sipping my herbal tea and heading to bed, so it's just a quick rant.
It's been raining for three days now, which is driving us (especially the dogs) a little batty and it looks like we are to endure the grey skies till Friday. Very unusual for Singapore and has me reaching for a pashmina ('coz I don't really own any long sleeve anything anymore) The constant rain with wind is really chillin the air, making it the coldest weather I think I've seen since I've been here. I believe it went as low as 25 today - how crazy is that?!?
All's well in the Cromie house though, one gorgeous girl with a slight cough, but apart from that looks as though we may all be on the mend!
Dragged a whinging husband off to the third and final parent teacher meet tonight, not before he tried to convince Miss S to go in his place. Her comment was 'but I don't look a thing like you daddy' he soon remedied that by dressing her in some of his clothes. After we were all in stitches I then proceeded to sit through a parade from S followed by J (he couldn't miss out) Z tried hard to get in on the action... but was cleverly distracted with a toy. L is now apparently grownup since a week in Prep, and would have no part of it.
But Mr C's ploy didn't work and dragging his feet we finally headed out.. albeit a little late.
We've sat through the same beginning speech to all parents  on PYP IB etc twice already this year, three times last year and twice the year before that - so I felt that I've paid my dues on the whole IBO program,  I seriously didn't need to hear the 50 minute spiel AGAIN, so my tactic was that we would arrive late and sneak in at the back just to catch the last couple of minutes before heading off into respective classes to meet the teacher.
BACKFIRE BIG TIME.
We arrived a good 30 mins into the presentation, hopping out of the lift onto the Prep level only to realize that in the school holiday they had refurbished the pod area where the presentation was to take place and the new projection unit was now on the opposite wall from last year. So instead of sneaking in the back, we were centre stage for the main event. 300/400 parents all sniggered as we cat-walked our way up the long hallway directly in their line of site. The hallway seemed to go on forever, you think we wouldn't have been seen from that far away, but once we had stepped off the lift, we were in plain site. Many friends unsympathetically nudged each other as the presenter oblivious to us continued to talk about the core values and IB attributes.
Red faced we weaved throughout the crowd and found a dark quiet spot to hide for the rest of the presentation. Apart from the humiliation, our final teacher meet went well, and I have to say that I think all three teachers this year are fabulous and I can't wait to see the munchkins blossom under their care.

Ok - seriously over and out now (yeah, who was I kidding? I've never been known for a short rant!)

No comments:

Post a Comment